It is with great enthusiasm that I’m able to announce that the 2012 Atlanta Mini Maker Faire Call for Makers is now open! You’ve got exactly six weeks from today to get your submissions in so you can play a part in this year’s Mini Maker Faire.
Who We Want
So who should apply? To be honest, we’re pretty open minded about who we accept as Makers for the Faire. Last year we had jewelry artists, a poetry van, an electric truck, R2D2s, 3D printers, and then some. This year, let’s have more of the same but add even more variety – beekeepers and paper artists and bike fixers . . . The principle is the same – if you make, create, or just plan do something with a passion, we want you at the Faire!
Interaction is Key
This year we’ve been actively seeking demonstrators, workshoppers, and speakers to make the Faire much more interactive than last year. This means that if you’re able to create some sort of audience participation at your table (or you’re willing to go a bit bigger and run a workshop), we want to help make that happen. Let us know if that’s the case.
How It Works
For returning makers, the process will be similar to last year with a couple bells and whistles added. For our novice makers, here’s how to proceed:
- Go to http://makerfaireatl.com and click on the “Makers Apply Here” button on the top right.
- Find the Entry Form link, go to it, and fill out the form with as much detail as you can
- this year we’re going to have signs for your tables, and possibly some sort of maker identification, so don’t misspell your name!
- give us videos, pictures, blog posts, anything to learn about your project and then publicize it once you’re in
- Click the big “Submit” button at the bottom once you’re done
- We’ll receive your submission, and you’ll be put on our “Potential Makers” list
- Within two weeks of submission (be patient with us – we’re all just volunteers you know), you will receive an email letting you know you did or did not get approved. Space is limited so be sure to get your project in early!
- All approved makers will be put on our 2012 Makers mailing list and you will receive the Maker Manual to get you up to date on all of the details
- On October 6th, you arrive early with bright eyes and bushy tails, set up shop, and get to showing off your projects and inspiring people
Not too difficult, huh? That’s it! So spread the word – please forward this email far and wide to anyone who might have one iota of a possibility of being on the Maker side of the table. And of course let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or problems with the process.
Also, if you know of any people, organizations, or companies that might want to sponsor us, send them to http://makerfaireatl.com/sponsors/ please!