The Atlanta Mini Maker Faire will once again be free in 2012, though to help us get a good head count of attendees, we will be using an online ticketing system called EventBrite. It should take less than five minutes AND you will be entered into a drawing for some giveaways!
ATTN: Taste of Atlanta will be closing down 5th Street, so all traffic should come from North Avenue. That event may use some of the same parking decks as us, so get here earlier than them!
The Faire will be on Georgia Tech’s campus, and the best address to feed your GPS is 743 Fowler St NW, Atlanta, GA 30313. That will put you at Peters Parking Deck, the open parking garage that is the closest walking distance to the Faire. See the below map for more information about where we will be:
View 2012 Atlanta Mini Maker Faire in a larger map
If at all possible, please take MARTA. We have limited parking, so everyone that takes public transportation frees up a space for someone who can’t!
Taking the Tech Trolley from the MARTA Midtown Station to AMMF:
- Take MARTA to the Midtown MARTA station
- Exit the station on the side opposite 10th Street
- Look for the Tech Trolley – a yellow and black bus designed like an old-time trolley – board it
- The Trolley will take you around the Georgia Tech campus – exit when it pulls into the parking lot as seen in the map above.
- Take the sidewalk that heads away from the parking lot towards the large lawn and you will run right into the AMMF
Walking from the North Avenue Marta Station
- After exiting the Station Plaza, head toward North Avenue, and take a right on it
- Pass The Varsity, cross over I-75, pass Bobby Dodd Stadium, and then take a right on Cherry Street
- Walk straight up until the road turns right; you should be in front of the library
- Take a left and walk – you’ll head straight into the Maker Faire
Parking at the AMMF this year will be much easier than last year. There is a parking deck that will be open and free and is a reasonably short walk to the Faire. Look at the map above to see where it is, and put 743 Fowler St NW, Atlanta, GA into your GPS to get a good approximation of where it is in your car.
If that one fills up, we have two other parking decks. The first is the Burge Parking Deck, on North Avenue opposite of Cherry St. From there, walk north on Cherry St and take a left once it hits the library. The other option – which may not even be an option – is at 349 Ferst Dr, Atlanta, GA. It is the only parking deck on Ferst Dr between Means St and Cherry St. The problem is that GT Parking Services cannot confirm for us whether or not it will be open, so we can’t honestly give it to you as a viable option. There is also a visitor parking lot next to this deck, even closer to the Faire, but it will cost you $5. Look for all for these on the above map.
Food, Drink, and restrooms
After the lack of water last year, we have learned from our mistake! The Georgia Tech Student Center will be open the day of the Faire, and there will be vending machines and restaurants available within it to fill your hunger pangs and quench your thirst. AND we’ll be able to use the restrooms within that building which means no Porta-Potties. Hurray all around! We’ll still have King of Pops there though, don’t you worry…