About Maker Faire:
Maker Faire is the Greatest Show (and Tell) on Earth—a family-friendly showcase of invention, creativity and resourcefulness, and a celebration of the Maker movement. It’s a place where people show what they are making, and share what they are learning.
Makers range from tech enthusiasts to crafters to homesteaders to scientists to garage tinkerers. They are of all ages and backgrounds. The aim of Maker Faire is to entertain, inform, connect and grow this community.
The original Maker Faire event was held in San Mateo, CA and in 2013 celebrated its eighth annual show with some 900 makers and 120,000 people in attendance. World Maker Faire New York, the other flagship event, has grown in three years to 500+ makers and 55,000 attendees. Detroit, Kansas City, Newcastle (UK),Rome, and Tokyo are the home of “featured” 2013 Maker Faires (200+ makers), andcommunity-driven, independently organized Mini Maker Faires are now beingproduced around the United States and the world—including right here in ADD YOUR FAIRE CITY HERE.
About MAKE Magazine:
MAKE is the first magazine devoted entirely to Do-It-Yourself (DIY) technology projects. MAKE unites, inspires, informs, and entertains a growing community of resourceful people who undertake amazing projects in their backyards, basements, and garages. MAKE celebrates your right to tweak, hack, and bend any technology to your will. Subscribe here.
Besides the magazine and the faire, MAKE is:
- a vital online stream of news and projects, blog.makezine.com;
- a retail outlet for kits and books, the Maker Shed;
- a steady stream of fun and instruction via our YouTube channel;
- Make: Projects, a library of projects with step-by-step instructions
- a book publishing imprint with best-in-category titles on introductions to electronics, Raspberry Pi, Arduino and more.